Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Back on my aqua kick.




I just love aquas, greens and blues, and I love to pair them with a clean white. A few weeks ago I started a yarn purge. I've been trying to slowly get rid of some yarns that I just don't see myself using anytime soon. In the process, I came across these beautiful colors that made my fingers itch to put together into some blankets. A few of them are vintage, like the bright greens. Those are both vintage wintuk yarns, so the downside is that I won't be able to reproduce these exactly the same. On the same token, the upside is I "won't be able to reproduce these exactly the same", so they are truly unique. I like things that are one-of-a-kind.

I finished the first granny rectangle, a couple of weeks ago, but haven't had the chance to post it to tillie tulip for sale. I was dragging my feet a bit, because I wanted to include a onesie with a little matching heart for the upcoming Valentine's Day. Why do hearts make things so cute?




I used Creme de la Creme cotton yarn in aqua jade for the center, and single crocheted the edge in aqua. You can find my heart pattern here



4 comments:

  1. Wow, Laura! Talk about vintage. Wintuk was THE yarn when I was young. The greens paired with the crisp white are ab-SO-lutely gORgeOUs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty and soothing :-) And your little heart embellishment is too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aqua and white AND aqua and red (or hot pink) are my favorite combos. Love all your things...so pretty!

    ReplyDelete